Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year's Day~ My daughter, her step-daughter {in this pic} and I went to the Nature Preserve for a walk..... Ended up also going over to the beach, to watch the sunset.... It's nice to live so close, to be able to go watch the sunset, or just enjoy the sights and smells of the Gulf.Yesterday, as I was taking out the trash, I noticed this little guy, hanging out in my front yard... Look close, you'll find him....
He was foraging for bugs.... I'm hoping we don't have many in our yard! ~Bugs, that is! Although, I always love to see the "Bug Birds" when they come! I should find out what they are called~~~But, this is what I always call them, when I see them... I was surprised to see him all alone, usually there's a bunch together!
Last night, I was out of veg. oil, so I couldn't make the pumpkin cookies I was planning. Instead, I made this "To Die For" Pumpkin Bread Pudding! See, a week or so ago, I had made P. Bread...
When I took it out of the oven, Immediately, I realized that I had forgotten the Baking Soda! What a difference, that little teaspoon of soda makes!!!! Ruined! I Ruined 5 mini loaves, and 1 large loaf of bread.... I couldn't bear to throw it out, that would be like throwing away 4 eggs, 3 cups of sugar, and 3 c. of flour......and on and on... Well, we ate one of those mini loaves--not too awfully bad, but definitely not real good! So, I searched online, and found this p.bread pudding recipe.... I took my large loaf of ruined bread, cubed it, put in a pie plate that had been sprayed with "pam" {store brand, really!} cooking spray.... In a sep. bowl, mix 2 eggs with 1.5 c. of half and half, and 1/4c.sugar. Pour on top, sprinkle a little nutmeg, and bake for 30ish min. in a 325*oven, or til center is set. Ohhh, it's soooo gooood!
Now, take some butterscotch icecream topping {caramel sauce}--a half a cup, add 2-3 T.of heavy cream, stir, and microwave til warm. Drizzle over the top of each serving...

If you want, {I wanted!} ...add a teaspoon or more of Rum to your sauce! And a little whipped cream on top~ Yummmmm!! And soooo easssyyyy!

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! Way to salvage a mistake. Sounds totally yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. Why did I read this in the evening when I try to never eat anything before bed? That looks freaking delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my.....looks sooooo good. I will have to try this sometime even though I can't cook. lol

    ReplyDelete