appx 1 pound chuck roast, cut into stew meat size chunks, seasoned with s&p,dusted with flour.
3-4 cloves garlic and 1 med. onion, chopped...
Heat olive oil in a big heavy pan on top of the stove, add meat, brown, and then add garl./onion. once onion is soft, add a little red wine, cook til reduced.
Then add about 4 c. broth {i used ckn, it's what i had}, and 4 potatoes, cut up, some carrots, and simmer for 2 hours... Yummy!
oh..i love your kitty...did you see whiskey sour...he is my big boy...my 10 year old seal point..and he is HUGE...i also have another himalayan...his half sister...dandelion...she is a dream...a blue cream tabby with blue eyes..she is a living doll...neither of them has ever had their kitty paws outside either...all indoor...they just lay around and sleep all day...i ADORE and love them so much....
ReplyDeleteYour dinner sounds delish! It gives me some ideas for meals this week. I'm trying to plan ahead but I've gotten out of the habit. I used to do that and plan grocery shopping around my menus but...life got in the way. I have kitties to tend, sewing to do, and was watching grandkids for years. So I let things slide around here. Oh well. Thanks for the dinner suggestion. Yummmy.
ReplyDelete