We have 2 kitties. They are brother and sister, and are 8 yrs old. We've only had them for a couple of years...I'll tell the story of how we got them in another post....
{update 1/23: I'll tell ya the story later on, in this post!}

this picture was taken in Oct.2009~ But, when I look at it now they look so funny-and fat! Because.... they both have had a shower and a shave!

The hair flying around the house had been UnControlAble!! We hadn't eaten a meal without cat hair in it, in quite a while!!
this is Dec.2010, the first of the photos with their "lion cuts". This is Baby Girl, sitting next to Santa.
This is Mister, on Christmas Morning.
Here they both are: Mister & His Sister.
Here's a close-up of them.
Just recently, Mister & his Sister have become their new titles....
This is Mister, on Christmas Morning.
Here they both are: Mister & His Sister.
Here's a close-up of them. This "fly by night" groomer {that came to our driveway!} did not do a very good job!
Mister & His Sister have had many names!
Mister & His Sister have had many names! My hubby {Art} had a stroke in '08, and when he was finally able to come home from the hospitals and rehab therapies {glorified nursing homes}, he came home under the care of Hospice. So, we had people in and out all the time....
One day, his regular nurse {Marla, she came 3x a week} asked if we'd be interested in a couple of kitties.... One of her patients had died about a week before, and the husband couldn't look after them because he was a truck driver, who wouldn't be home for days on end. He was ready to go back to work, but had to figure out what he was gonna do with them!
Art's physical therapist {Jeannie} told him that they'd be "booby traps" when he was trying to walk, just like "throw rugs" or his oxygen hose could be. She really tried to stress to him that it was not a good idea to get them! {Not to mention the breathing problems he has, the cat hair and dander would surely not help his breathing!!}
Of course, I think, Because Jeannie stressed so much NOT to get them, is why he sided with Marla and wanted them.... the cute little photo of 2 kittens that she had with her certainly helped! That day, she called the guy, and he said we could come get them that afternoon....
So, in June of 2009, we picked up our 2 babies.... Their names were TinkerBell and Little Guy.
In the paperwork that was with them, I read that they originally had been named Guy and Darlin'. Since Jeannie had said they could be booby traps, Art insisted that we name them Booby and Trap!
Seriously, does it matter what you "name" them????
Cats don't come when you call them!
They come when They Want To!
Anyhow, Tinker-Stinker and Little Guy were not real happy about this move! {Can you imagine, 7 yrs in one place~then to have your "lady" disappear and your "man" to give you up???}
We were so happy to have them here, but they stayed in hiding most of the time.... Right away, I got them collars-to help US tell them apart! She got a bright pink one with a bell--a "tinker-bell!", and his had a black bow-tie on it.... I started calling him Tuxedo Man.
When my daughter was cat-sitting a week after we got them, Girly was crying so much, that Steph was saying "Don't cry.....Don't cry for me, Argentina!" And that was the birth of 2 more names! Argentina & Archie!
Also, because he's so pretty, we like to call him Beauty Boy, and because she's more than likely always got yucky stuff in the corners of her eyes, she's called Nasty Girl! ...or Ugly Betty, Art decided one nite! U.B. for short!
Just recently, Mister & his Sister have become their new titles....
They are both so much fun. It took her 5 months before she'd come out from behind the sofa for any length of time! Unless a man came to visit.... She L-O-V-E-S Men's Voices!!! I don't know why, but she comes running whenever there's a man talking!
Funny, the first night we had them, their former owner came to our place, a few hours after we got home-he'd forgotten their "papers" and wanted to get them to us.....Yeah, right, I'm sure he was missing them and wanted to see where/how we lived and how they were doing! She had not been out from behind the sofa, but they both came out of hiding when he started talking!!! They were rolling on the floor in front of him, and meowing!
Oh, it must have been so hard for him to lose them too, after just losing his wife!
A few days later, he called, to see how they were handling the move, and that if we wanted, he'd take them back, and he'd figure out something to be able to keep them and work, too.... {At that point, they were howling during all hours of the night, still trying to get used to their new home! Don't think I told him that! I let him know that they were fine, and he could stop and see them anytime...}
my daughter says she looks like a "snow bunny" with her new haircut. I picture a skier when she says this....hmmm, I wonder if she's talking about a rabbit?
This silly girl is afraid of children, while her brother loves them! He'll come up, and drop in front of 7 yr. old Arianna, when she comes over, and roll on the floor, meowing, waiting for her to pet him... He'll let her brush him for an hour! Girly, on the other hand, runs and hides when Ari comes over! And hisses at her if she tries to get to close!


Since their haircuts, in mid-December and the cold-spell at the same time, she now will actually sleep in Art's hospital bed with him. All Night!
Every once in a while, I would catch her, and put her up there, for him to pet for a few minutes, and of course she'd run as soon as she got a chance.... But, now that she's naked, she realized that was a warm place to sleep--especially when the electric blanket was on! --and he only can tolerate the low heat setting, so it's perfect for her, too!
Today, Art started singing "what's new, PussyCat?, woaaah, oh, woooahhh" And she came running over, and started singing with him: "Meee-ooooouuuu-owowowwwwww" It sounded just like she was trying help him sing! So cute! Makes ya wonder what goes on in their little heads! She was so funny, it was like she recognized that song, the way she came running, and meowing! I wonder if her former owner sang it to her? "PussyCat, PussyCat, I love you, yes I do..." Art was really getting into it, singing the whole thing to her.... She sure loves him!

They are beautiful but they don't look too happy with their new cuts in the close up pictures. The look on their faces is too funny.
ReplyDeleteYour mister and his sister are DARLING! I love their lion cuts too. I imagine it's hard to shave a cat. LOL The hair that's uneven will eventually grow out. I think they look gorgeous. Good for your hubby singing to the kitties. I hope he's doing well. So glad you posted the kitty photos. Keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteOh they are beautiful. My son and his family have four of those and when they get a hairdo, this is what they look like..I love cats...and dogs, of course.
ReplyDeleteWhat BEAUTIFUL CATS!!! I LOVE long-haired cats! Sounds like they have fun personalities, too! Thanks for following my blog! :)
ReplyDeleteMister and his sister are raving beauties...OH my the hair, the eyes, expressions...fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us!!~ I am having a ball tonight.
ReplyDeleteFYI newbie party next Monday at my place:)
ReplyDeleteHi, I came over from Debbie doos, what beautiful cats I have a ragdoll and it sure resembles yours. I live with cat hair and did not know that they could be shaved. My Ragdoll Billie does come when called, she is a lot more puppy than cat.
ReplyDeleteCarol
Mister and His Sister are beautiful!! And I think those are my favorite names of all. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, their haircuts are hysterical! love them! stopping by from debbie's.
ReplyDeleteThey are both gorgeous! I love all your stories. ;) I bet it was hard for him to give them up. They are beauties.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my place. :) Have a wonderful day. :)
~ Kim