That was in Vermont, back in the late 80's probably... She died in the 90's and I think that must have been when I got it....
{Now, mind you, what you are looking at is not what I saw... This was hidden inside!! }
...See the 4th picture down?? That's what I fell in love with!!! I had no idea that this cute little desk was hidden inside!!!!! And, oh, how excited I was to see that the desktop even slides in and out!!!!
When I got this table, I used it for my laptop alot,...for some of my treasured Christmas houses some years, ...for my daughter's wedding cake in '03....,as a "catchall"/knickknack table in front of my "half-wall" in my living room... I really don't ever remember "really cleaning" it.... I mean, REALLY scrubbing the years of grime from it... {It really wasn't that bad!} But after selling my house in VT in Dec.2006, and leaving all of my stuff in storage until Oct. 2008, I was so excited to have all my "stuff" here in Florida~right in my backyard!!! {in a shed.}



Oh my goodness, Victoria, I LOVE this table/desk! I would love to have that in my home.
ReplyDeleteI have a table from my grandmother too. Mine is a kitchen/dining table. I don't use it as such but put it as an occasional table.
It is one of my most cherished possessions.
Love yours!