Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

my new sewing machine!



Look at what I found, at our local Hospice Thrift Store!

This had no price tag, so I asked "how much?", and the lady said, "we usually ask between $25 and $35 for these, depending on if they work." So, I said, "can we plug it in?"
She helped me carry it to the back room, where there was an outlet, and we checked it out!
Guess what? ...It runs fine! ...I'm in love!
As I was looking it over, she was putting a $25 tag on it, so I thought for a {quick} second, and removed the tag, folded the machine back into the table, and asked her to help carry it out to my car! {I thought it was kind of funny, that she put the low end price on it, after seeing that it worked!...I figured if I didn't grab it, it might not be there the next time I came in!~~Now, I'm wishing that I had offered $20!!!!}
As soon as I got it home, I washed it all down in the garage, and when it was clean enough to come into the house, it went right into my sewing room!!!!!

Side note: This room has not even had any sewing done in it yet, because I didn't have a table in there!~~About 6 months ago, we had a tenant move into what was then my sewing room, and about 2 weeks later, my daughter moved out of her bedroom, into her own place, leaving an empty room, carpeted with off-white berber carpet. I had planned to have this room, someday, whenever Stephanie moved out anyway. There was no way that I would be letting a tenant get the white carpet!!!--I knew better than that!!!
Anyhow: when the tenant moved in, he helped move my sewing/craft stuff out into a corner of the living room{where it stayed, boxed up, unusable until Steph moved, and then only slowly did items make it into her old room...} When Tom was helping me move stuff out into the living room, my sewing table was an old computer desk, with different level shelves, and a pull out keyboard section...and a little old swivel chair with it...He asked if he could keep that in his room... So, there went my sewing machine table!!! {and chair!} I knew I didn't have the space for it in the corner of the living room!! He even asked to keep the little transistor radio I had to keep me company while I was sewing! I was so happy the other day, to see that little radio had been "thrown out" in the garage~~guess he's happy with just the tv, now! And I asked for my little chair back, now that I have a table to sit at! It was so nice, to have my music playing, and getting to know my new machine!

I do need to search online to learn more about this machine. This computer is a loaner~mine is being repaired and will be home on Monday! I can't wait! This is not working well at all... I keep putting "singer model #AG" into google's search engine, and the computer freezes or tells me it can't open the page.... oh wait, I just got something...WOW! If I remember correctly {without getting up from this chair, to go out to my notebook in the other room!} it looks like this was made between 1941-1947!! Wow! I thought it was made after that--it is electric, no treadle, after all...
Ok, I got up! I checked my model number-it was made in 1946! In Elizabeth,NJ. And, now, once again, the computer is keeping me from going anywhere else!!! It won't open any other pages.... Guess I'll save this post, no I'll publish it, without the picture! Since I won't be able to download my pix from my camera until Monday...
I'll come back and edit and add pix then!

1 comment:

  1. Submit your blog or website now for listing in Google and over 300 other search engines!

    Over 200,000 sites indexed!

    Submit TODAY via I NEED HITS!!!

    ReplyDelete