Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

counting down the days...

5 days til our 7th anniversary.

This man I have loved since the moment I met him {back in '94, when we both were married to others who would eventually cheat on us with others.}  We were friends for a few years, then he moved away in '96, and I saw him once in 2000, and not again until 2004, when I was right in the midst of my nightmare. {I had just found out a few weeks prior, that my husband of just about 20 years had been screwing around with a girl that my parents were godparents to!---and that's only the beginning of that nightmare....but it's enough about it for now.}    When this man came back into my life, at just the right time, we were just friends.  I was enjoying riding on the back of his motorcycle, and just starting to breathe again, after weeks of crying all day and night.  He taught me so much {one of the qualities I'd always admired about him was the wisdom he had--I could sit and listen to him talk for hours}.  Anyhow, one night, at the top of the ferris wheel, our lives changed with one kiss.  And exactly one year from that kiss, we had a beautiful wedding with many friends and family around us.  That was 2005.  We had a couple of fun years together, and then a summer was spent with him having heart operations.  That slowed us down a little, but the big slow down came the following year--2008, he had a major stroke.  He didn't lose his ability to speak {but he lost his beautiful singing voice}. He didn't lose his wisdom, though he doesn't share it as much, and he gets tired so easily now.  He did lose the use of his left side, both arm/hand and leg/foot.  And his lung problems have intensified since the stroke, so that slowed down any physical therapy he's been able to do.  But, he still is my love, and such a wonderful caring person.



21 days til I turn 46. {I feel like I've gained a year!--I thought I was 46 already!}

Wow! How did I miss a whole year of being only 45? {Only 45...what?!! ONLY!!! only should be used for ages under 25!}  The only request I have for my birthday is for someone to make me a 'pumpkin roll' {recipe on the Libby's can of pumpkin!}.... and maybe some unexpected little surprise gifts!


and....

Christmas countdown banner
Can you believe it? It'll be here before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment