It's been 2 weeks since my mother flew back home.... ---She had been here for 3 weeks, and just about every day of that time she and I were working on the house my parent's bought nearby.
Here's a few pix of the work we did....{If I can figure out how to post! ---Hope they'll be in order!}
ok, so this is the BEFORE picture... {in case you couldn't tell! --Definitely Yuck!}
This house hadn't been lived in for at least 3 years... Stood empty {and open!}.
They got a great deal on it! {I kinda wish I bought it myself!!!}
This bathroom was disgusting. Looked like a 'camp' with all the 'wainscotting' on the walls... This 1 piece fiberglass tub/surround was RUINED by amateur 'wanta-be' plumbers! They had a huge hole cut for the hot and cold water supply and covered it with a piece of thin formica like stuff.... and they didn't even seal that, you could pull it away from the tub to see in behind the wall! Also, there was no exhaust fan, I was really surprised to not find any mold on that wood!
Here's a picture of 'in process'... That is--- In the process of ripping out the old tile floor, and old nasty wood that was on the walls, and some of the old sheetrock, and of course, putting in new moisture resistant sheetrock, and installing all new fixtures! ---Including, our masterpiece--
Tile surrounding the new steel bathtub. With 2 inset shelves. My mother and I did all this tile work ourselves. {She had a contractor doing most of the other stuff.}
Here we are, finishing up the tiling of the floor {and baseboard} with Arianna {age 10}. She came over near the end, and helped lay in some of the baseboard. {We used bullnose tiles for the baseboard here.}
And, here is the finished project... painted, and with the 'finish plumbing' done {faucets on tiled walls, toilet/sink installed}... Now, we'll be adding towel rods, etc. And my mother thinks she wants 2 handicap bars in the tub. One will be horizontally on the back wall, and one will be vertically on the left side.






You want to come and do some tile work at my house? Great job, that bathroom looks amazing.
ReplyDelete:) Thanx so much, Cyndy! It was alot of fun to do. This was my first attempt at such a big job for someone else! I've done my own bathroom backsplash, and kitchen backsplash, and a surround for my jacuzzi tub, and lots of floors, but this tub surround was the hardest yet!
DeleteGreat looking remodel. Hubby and I will soon be tackling a major bathroom overhaul/remodel! I'm personally not looking forward to it but am excited about what we'll have afterwards. Thanks for visiting and joining Lillie Mae Acres.
ReplyDeleteOh I really like it, and you did such a great job too, nothing like redoing something old and rotten ,lol good work ladies and thanks Victoria for stopping by my blog, have a very blessed day.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteYou had been on my blog and asked about a photo. It might be where you were talking about because I googled the photo. Good work on your remodeling! My hubby and I have been doing the same thing. Have a nice evening!