Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

discarded treasures!


driving thru some back streets, the other day...
I came upon a pile of furniture!
There was a sign, telling the prices they wanted for each item....
I was not interested in another particle board computer desk!
But, look what I did take home!!!!!!
Such a cute little wooden stand.... missing its dividers, but, it'll make for a nice fabric holder!
I paid $10 for it.... I think it was a good deal, since it's probably a '60's or '70's piece, still in great condition... Right away I rubbed a wax stain finish on it to restain the few spots that had worn thin. Then, I sprayed a glossy finish on the top....and used steel wool to rub it down when it was dry. Took me all of about 30minutes.... I guess I'm too scared to paint it!!!!! One of these days, maybe....

3 comments:

  1. now, look! ~~~I wrote this whole post in large brown letters... why did only parts of it come out that way????

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun little find! it's always nice to stumble onto such things when you're not even looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a great deal on that! Very nice indeedy.

    ReplyDelete