Pages

Monday, May 09, 2011

what a paint job!

Just thought I'd share these photos, which I took about a month ago, when this pretty plum truck was leaving our driveway, for it's long haul north--to Vermont!Once again, I've posted these pix, and they all are in the opposite order of what I thought they would be! Oh, well....One of these days, I'll take the time to figure that all out!
And most of these pix don't matter what order they're in! {except you'll notice the last one, should have been the first one--before the truck was loaded onto the car carrier!}....One of my dear husband's brothers has been coming down to Florida for the past few years now, for about a month, staying with another brother in town....Then his wife flies down, and they spend a few more weeks here, until she's ready to head back home. Each time that he's here, he finds a vehicle that he must purchase! Oh, by the way: He's got a collection of '57 Fords in his 3 garages in Vermont!--yeah, he's made of money!!! Haa haa, no, seriously, they worked hard for it, and they just celebrated 50 yrs of marriage, so, hey, if you're in your 70's, retired and find a 'beauty' like this, wouldn't you jump on it, too???? ....Anyhow, so, one day, here, while out with riding around with his son {who also lives here in Fl.}, they saw this truck, for sale...so they stopped, checked it out, met the owner, and a few days later, here it was in our driveway, because he had just bought it, but, now his wife was ready to head north! Lots of phone calls later, a trucking company was found, and dates were set on when it would be picked up.
That day finally came --it was only about a week, if I remember right, but Dear Brother-in-Law had been so anxious, my husband said he was never that way when his wife was ready to deliver any of his 4 kids, but, he sure couldn't wait for this pretty baby to arrive!!!! So, on a Monday morning, the truck driver showed up, to load 'her' up, and head north. He told us that it would be delivered by Wednesday afternoon. {And it was, actually, I think it may have been still a.m. hours when he got there.} I wanted to hide inside and go, too!!! {We are planning to go up for a month or so, this summer....to get out of the Florida heat for a little while!}
I was so surprised when this truck driver pulled up, with this pretty purple car loaded on the top! It was like it had been planned!!!! Those two oldies looked so great together! {But, sitting next to that car, now this truck looks 'pink' instead of purple!--That's okay! They both are beautiful!}
....When Brother got his truck, one thing he was not happy with: that car on top LEAKED transmission fluid or something all over the hood of his truck! And it was not coming off! {I haven't spoke to him recently, to see if he has gotten it off.}
The truck driver was so happy to find this truck to deliver to Vermont {city of Rutland}, because the car overhead, and another one on there were going to Burlington, Vt., and 2 more vehicles on there were going to Canada. And he has a daughter in St.Albans, Vt! So, he was excited to be able to stop and see her. He now makes his home in Sebring, Fl., which is south of us, by an hour or two....And he hauls vehicles for the "snowbirds" that fly down here for the winter. So, other than the transmission fluid mishap, I do believe that my Brother-in-Law has found a way to get his vehicles home, when he buys too many! {Last year, he bought 2 Ford Explorers and 1 Chevy truck, and towed one explorer behind the truck, while leaving the other explorer in our driveway ALL YEAR!!!!--it's ok, we have plenty of room, but, some darned brats 'egged it' one nite and that ruined the paint on that! {I am so happy they left our 1 and only vehicle alone!!!!}

Well, I feel like I'm rambling on and on, and I'm having a hard time trying to finish this post. So, I'm gonna end like this! Hope someone else out there enjoys looking at these pretty old cars/trucks!

3 comments:

  1. That truck is a beauty! I wish I had money and knew something about cars. I see a really old car on my way to work that is for sale. How awesome to own something like that. Alas, all my money goes to sewing machines and fabric, saving the cars for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YEAH!!! My hubby and I love the old vehicles!
    We were going to shows all the time.We had a 40 Chevy coupe and he sold it. I told him he would regret it and he does bless his heart...These 2 are beautiful!Hubby would be drooling to say the least...Maybe one day we will have another one. I posted on my blog a photo of the Peach Cobbler muffins you asked about.They are SO easy to make. I buy them at the Dollar Store here. Add milk,mix and walaa!! Hope this helps....We lived in Tallahassee, Fl before we moved here....Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that truck, it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete