well, I need to take more time, next time, to post my thoughts with the pictures.... but, I guess, doing it this way works too...
For Christmas, my mother sent me some cute fabric pieces... I made a "hotpad" with the pinwheel quilt square, and I just love the holly/ivy piece.. You'll see pix of that at a later time... {I've just finished a "mini~hotpad", nice size for a coaster...but, no pix of it, yet.}
Also, the fleecy white mittens were made for Arthur...mainly to keep his hands warm when we go out, but yesterday, he wore one on his left hand {stroke affected side} in the house, since it's so chilly here in Florida this week!!!!
Those mittens and hot pad are really great! I've never made mittens before. Were they hard to make? What a good idea for Art to wear one in the house. My hubby has poor circulation and some heart problems. He might want mittens too!
Kady: thanx so much for your kind comments.... I just "winged it" making those mittens.... made one, then realized that I didn't make the thumb very big, so the second one has a larger thumb... I would like to try "felting" ~~wash/dry an old wool sweater, til it gets really tight fibers, then make some mittens from that... But, this lightweight fleece is enough for our Florida winters! And is just right for wearing inside!
well, I need to take more time, next time, to post my thoughts with the pictures.... but, I guess, doing it this way works too...
ReplyDeleteFor Christmas, my mother sent me some cute fabric pieces... I made a "hotpad" with the pinwheel quilt square, and I just love the holly/ivy piece.. You'll see pix of that at a later time... {I've just finished a "mini~hotpad", nice size for a coaster...but, no pix of it, yet.}
Also, the fleecy white mittens were made for Arthur...mainly to keep his hands warm when we go out, but yesterday, he wore one on his left hand {stroke affected side} in the house, since it's so chilly here in Florida this week!!!!
Those mittens and hot pad are really great! I've never made mittens before. Were they hard to make? What a good idea for Art to wear one in the house. My hubby has poor circulation and some heart problems. He might want mittens too!
ReplyDeleteKady: thanx so much for your kind comments.... I just "winged it" making those mittens.... made one, then realized that I didn't make the thumb very big, so the second one has a larger thumb... I would like to try "felting" ~~wash/dry an old wool sweater, til it gets really tight fibers, then make some mittens from that... But, this lightweight fleece is enough for our Florida winters! And is just right for wearing inside!
ReplyDelete